Out of all the impressive features found at online casinos, bonuses are probably the best. When you think about it, the concept of getting free money is amazing by itself. But there’s much more to these promotions than meets the eye. Almost every site offers at least a few, making it increasingly hard to discern between legitimate and scam bonuses.
Well, that’s where the Don Gambler team comes in. We review all the top bonuses for casino players and rank them accordingly. Our experts also included essential tips, bonus types, and much more to find your way even faster. If that sounds like something up your alley, great! Let’s begin, then.
What’s a Casino Bonus & How to Use Them?
The best way to describe gambling bonuses would be as rewards, gifts or boosts provided by online casinos to either new or old players. Believe it or not, the concept was unthinkable until the mid-2000s. Then, online casinos and poker rooms started growing at a rapid pace. Since there were so many new brands entering the market, sites suddenly needed some incentives to attract new players.
Think of casino bonuses as mutually beneficial advertising. You may spend the bonus and actually end up liking the casino, which would result in you placing more wagers. And mathematically, it makes perfect sense. All it takes is one high-roller to continue playing and all the ‘free money’ the casino gave out will be covered.
Alternatively, you can view bonuses as a testing tool. If it’s a no-deposit promo for new players, you can try out a couple of games and see what’s all the fuss about. Free spins can be useful, too, especially for slots enthusiasts. Just be careful when reading the rules, and always aim for promos that align with your interests and preferences.
Best Casino Bonuses in 2022
To get the most out of what’s offered, you obviously need to aim for the best casino bonuses in 2022. Whether it’s a multi-deposit deal or perhaps dozens of free spins, it’s up to you. Our team did the testing just so you don’t have to. All that’s left is for you to look at our list of the top casino bonuses, read the Terms & Conditions and enjoy yourself. Good luck!
How to Claim a Bonus
When you’re looking to play with a bonus, it’s essential to claim it smoothly and with full knowledge of what’s going on. You’ll also feel calmer, which leads to better decisions when placing wagers. So, how do you claim a casino bonus? Well, contrary to popular belief, it’s far from rocket science. The process is fairly straightforward and can be congested into the following steps:
- Create an account. While this seems like an obvious step (and it is), it’s still important to point out that you ought to be careful. If you provide the site with incorrect information, you might run into some issues if there are KYC procedures implemented by the casino.
- Take a look at the available bonuses. Nowadays, it’s not enough to have just 2-3 promos to choose from. Whether it’s a new game, the Holidays or something completely unrelated, you’ll sometimes have up to 10 different deals at your disposal. Don’t jump into the lobby without doing research. Compare the deals, both on our list and on any site you find.
- Make a shortlist. Having difficulties deciding which deal to go forward with? Don’t worry. If you want to make the process easier, just cross out the promos you don’t want to use. For instance, if there’s a baccarat casino bonus, but you never played baccarat, then it’s pointless to even consider it. Once you’re down to, let’s say, 2-3 deals, then you can focus on the nitty-gritty.
- Read the rules and the T&C. Click (or tap, if you’re on a smartphone) the bonus tile to find out more about the bonus. Once you’ve done that, there’s usually a bullet point list outlining what you’re getting, what you need to do, etc. However, the Terms & Conditions should be your main focus. Whether it’s the general T&C or just ones related to the bonus, study them well. Anything there is legally binding, since you have to confirm that you’ve read everything and that you accept.
- Make a deposit. Most bonuses nowadays require a deposit to trigger. Be careful when choosing the payment option to make the transfer with, as some aren’t always bonus-eligible. Neteller and Skrill are the most notorious culprits for these kinds of situations. Make sure that it’s a payment provider you’re familiar with and comfortable with.
- Wait for the rewards to arrive. Online casino bonuses are cleared immediately once the site receives your payment This depends on the exact deposit method you’ve used, although most are instant. To ensure everything is okay, just refresh the page. The bonus money/free spins/free chips will be credited to your account. Don’t play irresponsibly – check your bonus balance every few minutes.
- Have fun. If your goal with the bonus is to test the site, then do so. If you want to try out a new game, feel free to do that as well. The most important aspect of a bonus isn’t to lessen your financial burden, but it’s to have a good time instead. Sure, you’re not spending your own money, which makes everything much less stressful.
How Does a Casino Bonus Work?
The best way to understand the inner workings of a casino is to ‘dissect’ it. And how do we do that? It’s simple. Let’s just take a look at its key terms and components:
This is the amount you’re getting in exchange for your deposit. It’s almost always referred to this way in the Terms & Conditions. The reason why it’s important to be familiar with it is because
Also known as playthrough or rollover requirements, this aspect of casino promotions is perhaps the most hated. Why would sites just give out free money to players? It might seem like you’re getting more than you expected, but real money casinos need insurance in case you win.
To make it difficult, they require you to wager the bonus amount a select amount of times, 30, for instance. This means that while depositing $100 gets you $200 to play with, it also mandates that you have to wager $3,000 (30×100) to be able to claim your winnings.
This is the time you have to use the bonuses. After the time indicated in the T&C comes, the promotion is voided, and any bonus funds are immediately lost.
Types of Casino Bonuses
To make the best decision possible, you may have to choose between several types of bonuses. Don’t worry, it’s still simple enough for beginners to understand. Generally, a bonus falls into one of the following categories:
- No deposit. The rarest of all bonus types, it usually includes a small bet with heavy restrictions. Still, it’s the only way to play real money games for free.
- Deposit. To prevent players from just running away after spending no-deposit bonuses, casinos introduced mandatory deposits. And if you deposit above a certain amount, you get a match, most likely 100% or above. So, for instance, you’ll get $500 to play with after depositing just $250.
- Welcome bonus. A common name for all bonuses exclusive to new players. Value-wise, these are the best bonuses. Thus, our advice would be to always look for the best head start. It’s the most efficient way to judge an online casino, after all.
- Free spins. Catered exclusively to slot players, this type of promo gives you the opportunity to try some of the latest titles in the lobby. However, they come with restrictions, such as no jackpots and no overly high bets or line selections.
- Limited time only. These are reserved for game launches, holidays and other occasions that give the casino an excuse to reward its players. Sign up for email updates to get the latest news, as most sites have promotional newsletters nowadays.
Which Bonuses Should You Avoid?
Since we’re being objective here, yes, there are lots and lots of scam bonuses going around. While it’s not always a criminal offense to offer bad conditions or to mislead players, some of the promos we’ve seen are definitely unethical. So, what do they all have in common? Basically, you can sniff out a scam if you see any of the following:
- Overly high amounts of money. If a casino bonus seems too good to be true, then it most likely is. Money doesn’t grow on trees, and no one is more aware of this than online casinos. So best believe there will be some underlying rules or conditions if the bonus is $1,000 or more. There are a few high-roller promos that are actually feasible but never count on this to be the case.
- Low bet limits. Having to wager small increments is pretty much useless if you want to have fun. Big bets are an integral part of what makes online casino games so exciting. If the site takes this away from you, it defeats the whole purpose of the bonus. Should you feel restricted by the limits, opt out of the promo.
- High wagering requirements. We get it; sites need some way to recoup the money they give out to players but come on. There’s no reason why you should risk your money 50-60 times. And it’s all just to be able to claim winnings that are very likely smaller than the amount you have to wager. Such promotions are unfeasible in the long run.
- Short expiry date. You shouldn’t just spend your bonus. It should be done at your own pace, without rushing. That’s why bonuses with 24-68 expiry dates are bad news. Casinos do this on purpose to force players into making rash decisions, which leads to a high chance of them making another deposit to make up for the losses. Don’t do this, and don’t settle for anything less than 7 days.
Just because bonuses for online casino players are a form of marketing, that doesn’t mean you can’t use them to your advantage. Before you claim or accept anything, reconsider your preference. Then, take a look at our list of the best bonuses in 2022. These rankings are constantly updated with the latest promos, meaning that you’ll get the latest scoops no matter what.
You might also want to decide whether you want a no-deposit bonus, a deposit bonus or perhaps some free spins. Be diligent in your research, and you’ll find the ideal promo in no time. Good luck and play smart.
Q: Do no deposit bonuses really exist?
A: Yes, but they aren’t so frequent nowadays. It’s because there’s a higher chance of someone spending the bonus and returning it than with regular deposit bonuses.
Q: What wagering requirements are considered good?
A: While our team always recommends looking at the bonus as a whole, 30x wagering requirements are considered good. Up to 50x is decent, while anything above is just too much. However, if a bonus has some cool perks, it may be worth an extra 2-5x.
Q: Do I need a welcome bonus to play at online casinos?
A: No, you don’t need a welcome bonus to play at online casinos. However, using one makes your life much easier.
Q: Which payment methods are eligible for casino bonuses?
A: This depends on the casino and its rules, but most deposit options are eligible for claiming a casino bonus. In some cases, eWallets such as Skrill or Neteller are considered ineligible.
Q: Can you get free spins with a deposit bonus?
A: Yes, many casino bonuses award free spins alongside the money. Sometimes, these spins are credited all at the same time, while other sites release them in daily batches.