The volatility of cryptocurrencies is their notorious characteristic, and it still turns some people off. However, despite pitfalls, crypto has come back stronger than ever each time. This led to the rise of crypto casinos, which let you enjoy the same games and bonuses as fiat currency casinos but with a set of added conveniences.
Join us for an in-depth look into gambling with crypto. We go over what makes the best gambling sites, how crypto casinos work, and their advantages.
The Best Crypto Gambling Sites
If you are after the best crypto gambling sites, you can always rely on us to help you pick the best one. Below, we outline how we find and select the best crypto casinos to feature. Helpful to know if you ever want to check a casino we have not yet reviewed.
Security and Fairness
Fair play and security should be your first focus when looking into an online casino of any kind. Games, bonuses, and payment methods are all good. That said, they mean little if your data is not secure or if said games are not fair.
Security is priority number one because hackers from anywhere in the world can target you. Only play in crypto casinos that take the necessary measures to protect your information.
An SSL encryption certificate is a must-have for any modern website, not just casinos. Encryption stops anyone from tampering with information sent to and from that website. We also recommend looking into how casinos handle your data after it gets stored on their servers. Firewalls and access control are good indicators of the operator protecting your information.
Many crypto casinos also have an active license issued by a regulator. An active license tells us the website is compliant with local laws and regulations regarding online gambling. Having multiple licenses is a good indicator of a crypto casino’s quality.
In addition, some crypto casinos rely on the blockchain component cryptocurrencies are built on to offer Provably Fair games. With blockchain casinos, you do not need to trust any third party that the game is fair. You can use the in-built tools to check every round was genuinely random.
Games & Software
Game variety is vital for any crypto casino to succeed. Offering multiple game types means capturing a broader range of players. Popular game types like slot games, live casino releases, table games, and poker reflect best on a casino. Additional, less popular releases like video poker, bingo, or scratch cards also raise its score. The more games a website has, the better.
Crypto casinos also feature crypto games. These include crash games, Dice, Mines, Wheel, Coins, and Plinko. These crypto games are provably fair, meaning they allow you to check if their results are fair using the blockchain.
We also look at what software providers are available in the casino. Well-known software providers like Evolution, NetEnt, and Play’n GO are popular among players. Having their games will naturally draw more of a crowd. However, we also appreciate having a roster of smaller, talented developers for the extra game diversity.
Bonuses & Promotions
The best crypto betting sites offer plenty of promotions to keep things exciting. Offers for existing members, as a follow-up to a great welcome bonus, go a long way in making a site attractive. Casinos usually offer weekly bonuses or require you to sign up for marketing communication.
We also benefit from the addition of VIP and loyalty programs. Loyalty programs reward casino members for sticking with a website. Meanwhile, VIP programs offer unique perks to high rollers.
For crypto casinos, strong support for cryptocurrencies is a must. Everyone expects major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Bitcoin Cash to be available. However, a full-fledged crypto casino should accept more options than just that.
We also appreciate crypto betting sites offering non-crypto payment methods. Furthermore, deposits and withdrawals should be near-instant no matter the payment method. We recommend avoiding casinos that drag their feet with processing times. Part of the appeal of using cryptocurrencies is fast transactions because it is 100% digital. Unless you withdraw via bank transfer, waits of several days are unacceptable.
The best crypto casinos have responsive and knowledgeable customer support available around the clock. We appreciate customer support that is available through several contact methods. Some crypto-friendly casinos often have an FAQ section explaining how cryptocurrency and online gambling work together.
Crypto Casino Bonuses
Exciting promotions are an excellent way for a crypto casino to make itself more attractive. People love getting a deal, and a top-notch crypto offer will usually be enough to sway them. What kind of promotions can we expect to see from crypto casinos?
Welcome bonuses are the bread and butter of online casinos. A new player looking to try your website will be drawn in by the starter promotion. Welcome promotions are usually deposit match offers, with free spins occasionally thrown in. However, crypto casinos can also offer cashback and no-deposit bonuses as their welcome offer.
The best crypto betting sites extend bonus offers to existing players, not just newbies. Deposit match offers, free spins, cashback, and more are available as weekly bonuses. Some websites require you to opt-in to receive e-mails and SMS from them before sending bonuses your way. The best casinos also have tournaments, loyalty schemes, and VIP programs.
How Do Crypto Casinos Work?
The addition of cryptocurrencies to online casinos was not a significant shakeup. It did lead to some exciting additions, such as blockchain being used to prove casino games are fair. However, the everyday workings of the casino remain the same. Deposit money, play games, and hopefully land some great wins along the way.
Crypto casinos are split into two types.
- The more common type allows you to deposit and withdraw with cryptocurrencies. However, the casino uses a fiat currency internally, converting your crypto into dollars, euros, or something else. This approach allows a crypto casino to offer games from software providers that do not support playing with cryptocurrencies. The downside of this approach is some value gets lost during currency conversion.
- The second option is casinos that let you deposit, withdraw, and play with cryptocurrencies. Here, we do not have to worry about currency conversion. However, the number of available games is more limited. Regardless of what option you pick, you can expect a fun time.
At this point, you should have a good basic knowledge of crypto and its involvement in online gambling. So, let’s go over the steps of joining and using a crypto betting platform:
- Establish your crypto wallet – the process is similar to using any financial-related service. However, there is no need to walk into a bank and give any details to open an account, though. You do everything digitally; you start by choosing your wallet, and you set it up on your device, which would be a computer, laptop, or smartphone. Keep the security account access codes safe, and you’re good to go.
- Buy crypto – Top up your wallet balance with crypto. You can buy them from someone you know of from popular crypto exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, etc.
- Consider our suggestions and choose the best crypto gambling site in the US – Finding the best crypto betting sites may not be as easy as one would want, but with proper guidelines, you can find the ideal site for you. Establish your priorities and go out on the lookout. Sign up and begin your crypto gambling adventure.
Advantages of Cryptocurrency Casinos
Casino members looking to play on crypto betting sites get more than a different payment method. Cryptocurrency casinos have several advantages over standard online casinos, which you can find listed below.
Provably Fair Games
Blockchain technology is the backbone of cryptocurrencies. Blockchain cannot be tampered with, and software providers use that technology to create provably fair games. Players who play provably fair releases can check and verify the outcomes of their bets. With these releases, you do not have to worry about getting tricked. Verification is just a few screen taps away.
Cryptocurrencies are digital-only currencies with no ties to real-world banks. That makes it a much better pick than many other alternatives for deposits and withdrawals. Outside of casino processing times, casino members can expect near-instant deposits and withdrawals.
Security & Privacy
Blockchain technology does a great job of providing security for crypto transactions. Your crypto wallets are protected with the same encryption and software banks use. Hackers also cannot tamper with cryptocurrencies; the blockchain ensures all transactions are valid. Even if someone gives themselves a bunch of Bitcoin, other wallets on the blockchain will not recognize these phantom funds.
Cryptocurrencies also benefit from being more private than regular funds. Instead of paying directly with your card or e-wallet with your name attached, you pay with crypto. Different cryptocurrencies offer different layers of privacy protection. For example, Monero uses ring confidential transactions, stealth addresses, and more to ensure user privacy. Privacy-focused coins like Monero are perfect for you if privacy is a concern.
Tailored Bonuses & Rewards
Cryptocurrency casinos tend to be more tight-knit due to a more limited pool of players. While this has been changing over the years, many crypto casinos still offer tailored bonuses for players. However, these are usually reserved for senior players who progress through the VIP or loyalty program. Regular casino members usually get standard bonuses to start.
Tips for Bitcoin Gambling Online
After going on and on about crypto gambling in the US, let us summarize and draw conclusions. What would be some takeaways and tips for new bitcoin gamblers?
- Reputation and provably fair games will be your best bet when picking crypto casinos. Many crypto casinos forgo licensing and regulators in favor of provably fair games. For such casinos, reputation is integral. Go for websites that have a good reputation among reviewers and other players. Alternatively, stick to online casinos with licenses that support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Make sure to check the value of Bitcoin at least once a day. As we’ve discussed earlier, the price of crypto is volatile and depends on many factors. Timing becomes an asset when you’re gambling BTC or cashing out winnings in BTC. The price swings can be a blessing and a curse, which is why it is best to stay up to date by using crypto value-tracking tools or visiting sites like CoinMarketCap.
- Playing directly with Bitcoin is possible depending on the game and the casino’s support. In such cases, we advise you to pay extra attention to your wagering. It will usually be in mBTC, which can trip you up if you are not used to dealing with it.
- Make sure to check if you can claim particular promotions with a cryptocurrency deposit. It is not uncommon for websites to have separate fiat and crypto bonuses. That is usually the case with online casinos that support cryptocurrencies, but they are not their sole focus.
Drawbacks of Crypto Gambling to Keep in Mind
Not everything about cryptocurrencies is excellent. Crypto gambling is still somewhat new and has its share of growing pairs. Similarly, it has problems related to cryptocurrencies.
- One of the most apparent issues would be the volatility of cryptocurrencies. By the time you withdraw your crypto, it might have a different value from when you won it.
- Gambling in crypto casinos also reveals that not all software providers support crypto betting. You will have to deal with games not being available if you want to use Bitcoin or other cryptos to wager. Some casinos get around this problem by accepting crypto deposits and withdrawals but converting them to fiat currency during gameplay.
- The nature of how cryptocurrencies handle transactions means transaction limits are problematic. The casino will not accept if you accidentally send less money than the minimum deposit. However, they also will not refund you the crypto you accidentally sent. Similarly, crypto casinos have a hard time limiting your maximum deposit.
What are provably fair games?
Provably Fair casino games use the blockchain to verify that each round is random. This feature allows casino members to confirm that their crypto games are not cheating. We like this approach as it does not require third parties to ensure fairness – we can check ourselves.
Are all casino games available in crypto casinos?
With a wide variety of software providers and games, you can play almost any casino game with cryptocurrencies. Slots, table games, live casino releases, poker, scratch cards, bingo, video poker, and more all support cryptocurrencies. However, many popular developers still do not support playing with crypto. If you want to play their games, you will not be able to do so with cryptocurrencies.
Are cryptocurrencies inherently private?
Cryptocurrencies are more private since they do not directly link your name to a casino. However, they are not 100% private due to various regulations and how the blockchain works. However, they are cryptocurrencies that make an effort to be more private, such as Monero.
Are cryptocurrency transactions faster?
Cryptocurrency users expect faster transactions than credit/debit cards and bank transfers, especially for withdrawals. However, e-wallets offer similar transaction times to cryptocurrencies.
Is gambling with cryptocurrencies safe?
Crypto wallets use the latest security protocols to ensure people cannot access your funds without your approval. Keep your information safe, and you should have no issue using cryptocurrencies for gambling or other purposes.