Sports betting is one of the most popular pastimes worldwide, offline and online. Thankfully, bettors from most US states can enjoy it legally online using real money. So, if you would like to place real money bets on your favorite team or athlete online but you are not sure how or where to do it, you have come to the right place.
In this guide, Don Gambler will share with you all the information about real money sports betting in the US. Read on to learn more about how to place real money bets and what are the best US sportsbooks where you can win some real money payouts.
Getting Started with Real Money Sports Betting
US bettors can choose from a wide range of sportsbooks registered locally and abroad. So, it may not be an easy task to choose one. When real money is involved, one must be cautious and choose only the best for them. In this case, a reputable sports betting site that accepts US players. Here is what you should know when getting started.
How to Bet on Sports Online with Real Money
To place real money bets on sports, you must be a registered user of a US betting site. So, the first step would be to pick the one you like and create a real money account. Sports betting is all about predicting the outcome of a match or competition, so make sure to learn how odds work. You should also learn about the types of bets you can play. They differ from sport to sport.
Once you feel confident enough to engage in real money betting, find a match you would like to make a wager on. Top up your sportsbook account and choose the betting option you want. Place a bet and hope for the best!
Most Popular Sports You Can Bet on with Real Money in the US
When it comes to sports and markets, US bettors are spoilt for choice. Still, some sports attract more punters, so you can find them in all sportsbooks. Below, you will find the most popular sports to bet on online in the US.
- Soccer: When it comes to betting, soccer is undoubtedly the most popular sport worldwide. Surprisingly, many US bettors try their luck at soccer betting, particularly wagering on famous European leagues. So, the best US-facing bookmakers offer various betting options for soccer bettors.
- Basketball: Home to the premier men’s professional basketball league, NBA, the US loves to bet on this sport. Besides the NBA, US bettors can also predict the outcomes of matches in other competitions and leagues.
- Football: Originating from soccer and rugby and evolving in the US, American football, or simply football, is highly popular among US punters. They can use stats to bet on NFL games and predict the winner. The best real money sportsbooks US also offer betting against the spread, which is undoubtedly the most popular way to wager on American football.
- Tennis: With tennis tournaments taking place worldwide throughout the year, it comes as no surprise that this sport is huge with US bettors. On the best US sports betting sites, you can wager on the major tournaments, such as Wimbledon, US Оpen, Australian Open and more.
- Baseball: Baseball is another sport that attracts many bettors on American sportsbooks. With around 2,400 matches played every season, US bettors can choose from multiple options. One of the most popular markets in the US are MLB futures, where you can root for your favorite team.
Real Money Sports Betting Tips
Below are the tips that can help you start with online sports betting. Please apply them to make the most out of the money you wager.
- Choose a reputable US-friendly bookmaker: You should engage in real money betting only on licensed and regulated betting sites with an excellent reputation.
- Set your budget and stick to it: Determining how much you can spend on your wagers is of the utmost importance. You should set the maximum amount you can afford to lose and not go over it. Betting on your favorite teams is all about having fun, and you can enjoy it only if you play responsibly.
- Choose a convenient banking method: Although this may not seem like an issue you should worry about, not all payment options provide you with hassle-free service. Transactions via some may incur fees, so make sure to choose the cost-effective option. Also, look for a banking method that enables fast withdrawals.
- Bet wisely: You should diversify your betting tickets and not wager your entire budget instantly. Avoid complex wagers and following a hunch. Instead, make a strategy and look at the statistics. They can tell a lot about a team’s or athlete’s performance.
Best US Sportsbooks to Bet on Sports with Real Money
Now that you are familiar with sports betting basics and tips that can help you be more successful let us tell you more about the features you should look at when choosing a sportsbook. First, a sports betting site should be regulated and licensed. It should hold a valid license issued by a trustworthy gaming body. Also, it would help if you go for websites with a proven track record that have established an excellent reputation among bettors and have a large following.
Betting sites should not only provide a safe and fair gaming environment but also allow you to choose from various banking methods. As mentioned earlier, choosing cost-effective payment options is one of the things that can make your gaming experience more enjoyable. Some US-friendly sportsbooks allow you to use cryptocurrencies to make transactions and wagers. Therefore, if you are a crypto enthusiast, you should check whether they are supported.
Another feature considered a must lately is 24/7 customer support. The bookmaker should enable you to get in touch with agents in no time through multiple communication channels. They include live chat, email and phone. A comprehensive FAQ section covering basic topics is a plus, especially if it includes a guide to available betting options and how to play them.
Here are other things to consider when choosing the best US sportsbook to bet on with real money.
Sports and Market Variety
This is the crucial feature that can make or break a sports betting site. The selection of games, leagues and tournaments, as well as the available markets and betting options, can make a sportsbook stand out from the crowd.
A betting site worth your while offers all kinds of sports, including lesser ones. So, the best real money betting sites provide the most popular sports in the US and niche sports such as darts, cricket and more. In addition, the best US sportsbooks should also allow you to place bets on Esports, daily fantasy sports and virtual sports. While these are not technically sports, they are popular among millennials and Generation Z.
Needless to say, a sportsbook should cover major and minor leagues and a wide array of markets. They should offer various betting options and allow players to take a chance on live or in-play betting. The live streaming of matches should also be an option.
Various Betting Options and Competitive Odds
A variety of sports and markets means nothing if the bookmaker does not offer a wide range of betting options. US bettors prefer different things and have different betting styles. While we recommend placing simple bets, some punters like to take risks and should be able to do it. So, besides standard betting options, such as money lines, spreads and totals, the sportsbook should also enable complex wagers like full cover and ACCA bets, props and more.
Another thing we check is how competitive odds the bookmaker offers. The odds indicate how much you can win if you correctly the outcome correctly. The best US betting sites update the odds based on the latest information. As a result, they offer higher odds than their competition, thus providing players with a chance to win bigger payouts.
Bonuses and Promotions
The best US sportsbooks provide various bonuses and promotions, thus keeping their customers coming back for more. These deals can be beneficial as they boost your bankroll, meaning more money to wager. Betting bonuses worth your time and money should have attainable wagering requirements you can meet within a reasonable period. Here is a lowdown on the most common betting bonuses and promotions.
- Deposit Match Bonus: Like online casinos, sports betting sites offer deposit match bonuses. They are primarily available upon registration as soon as you make a qualifying deposit. The amount you send to your account will be matched with a bonus based on the percentage rate set by the operator. In most cases, it is 100%, so your bankroll will be doubled. You will be able to clear winnings obtained through deposit match bonuses once you meet the wagering requirement.
- Risk-Free Bet: A risk-free bet is another type of bonus you can get as a newly registered user. It works as a cashback bonus, where the bookmaker reimburses your first bet if you lose on it. The maximum amount you can get will be capped. However, the bonus is credited only on losing bets, so you will not receive it if you win.
- Free Bet: Available to new and existing users, these incentives require you to place a qualifying bet of a specific value. Once you complete this requirement, you will get a certain amount as a free bet. For instance, you may be asked to make a $10 wager to get a $30 free bet.
Last but not least, the sportsbook must be accessible on mobile devices. The best US bookmakers enable customers to access the sportsbook directly from their mobile browser or provide a native app for iOS and Android devices. All functionalities should be available on the mobile version of the betting site so that you can enjoy a smooth gaming experience wherever you are.
Why Wager Real Money on US Sports Betting Sites
Sports betting is an exciting pastime as it allows you to guess the outcomes of matches and win real money payouts. However, to win real cash, you have to wager real cash first.
If you choose sportsbooks recommended by Don Gambler, you can rest assured that you will enjoy loads of fun thanks to sports and market variety, competitive odds and plenty of bonuses and promotions. All bookmakers featured on our website guarantee a safe and fair gaming experience.
Best Real Money Sports Betting Sites US FAQs
Is real money sports betting legal in the US?
Yes, online sports betting for real money is legalized in most US states, meaning you can join locally-licensed sportsbooks. In addition, US players can access offshore betting sites and enjoy their favorite form of entertainment with real money.
How to find the best real money US sports betting site?
You can look for the best US betting sites yourself using the guidelines given above, or simply pick one of the sportsbooks approved by our team of experienced reviewers.
Can I use bonuses to place bets on real money betting sites in the US?
Absolutely. The best real money betting sites in the US offer a variety of bonuses and promotions that can make your stay more rewarding.
Are US sports betting sites safe?
While not all sportsbooks catering to US players are safe, those recommended by Don Gambler are completely safe gambling destinations.
Can I place bets on sports while on the go?
Yes, the best US sports betting sites are mobile-ready. You can access them wherever you are as long as you have a stable internet connection.