Slot machines are perhaps the most representative online gambling niche. Don’t get us wrong; we love playing table games. But whether it’s blackjack, roulette or something else, there’s always a set of very restrictive rules.
Yes, variants are a thing. However, there’s only so much developers have to work with. That’s why we love slots bonuses so much – they give you access to an unlimited variety of games.
Not everything is as it seems, though. There are many fraudulent promos, misleading rules and all kinds of sneaky ways casinos use to extract money. In today’s guide about the best slots bonuses in 2022, we’ll tackle just that. Aside from our top list, you’ll learn about the most important types, features and more.
What Are Slots Bonuses & How to Use Them?
Slots bonuses are a special kind of online casino promotion. Unlike site-wide deals, they are only usable on slot games. From the get-go, it’s obvious that their main purpose is to advertise the casino to those who haven’t experienced it before. After all, giving new players something for free is a great way to make a positive first impression.
Another important reason for the existence of slots bonuses is the promotion of new games. For instance, let’s say the site recently acquired a couple of new games from Pragmatic Play. To showcase them and raise the traffic a bit, they’ll offer bonus money or free spins on that particular slot.
Most of the time, promos for this casino section require a deposit in order to be activated. In addition, there are those that are completely free. However, they provide much less value due to the riskiness of the concept itself. So, you’ll always find somewhat of a balance between the rewards and the restrictions.
Best Slots Promotions & Offers in 2022
It’s become normal for online casinos to offer hundreds of slots, and we couldn’t be happier because of it. This has also led to an increase in the number of bonuses, which inevitably lead to good and honest gamblers falling for scams. To prevent this from happening, our team decided to rank all the best slots promotions currently available.
Whether it’s the credited funds, free spins or other perks, we tested and graded over a dozen bonuses using our in-house review protocols. In addition to providing objective information, the list is also updated on almost a daily basis. So all that’s left to do is take a look at the list, make a pick and enjoy yourself. Good luck.
How to Claim Slots Bonuses
Every casino has its own approach when it comes to claiming slots bonuses. However, there are certain steps and aspects that are common to all of them. Of course, you should always follow the instructions on the site, first and foremost. But knowing what’s waiting for you can make the process much less nerve-wracking than it otherwise would’ve been. Don’t worry, Don Gambler has your back. Follow these steps, and the bonus will be in your hands:
- Register. Nowadays, creating an online casino account is fairly simple. All you need to do is provide your name, surname, email and phone number. These are the pillars of every registration form. Some casinos, though, may ask for a bit more if their regular mandates stricter KYC procedures.
- Go to the Promotions section and look around. It’s not 2010, and having just one or two bonuses just won’t cut it. That’s why the slots section alone has at least half a dozen promos available. They’re displayed in the form of tiles, with the most important bits of information immediately visible.
- Narrow down the list of choices. Take a quick look at each of the available promos. At this point, it’s easy to see what they’re meant for. If there’s, let’s say, a bonus for some classic slots, and you aren’t interested in them. You can immediately cross these unsuitable deals off your list.
- Familiarize yourself with the rewards and the T&C. Now that you have a select group of candidates, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty. The Terms & Conditions are perhaps the most important aspect of a bonus. It’s a legally-binding document that outlines all the rules and outcomes related to the bonus. Be sure to analyze everything carefully, as there’s nothing you can do once you accept the T&C.
- Fulfill any conditions. Depending on the type of bonus you’re claiming, there will be different types of things you have to do. Sometimes, you’ll have to make a deposit in order to get a match in the form of bonus money. On other occasions, you might need to enter a promo code or just opt in. Whatever it is, just pay attention to details such as (in)eligible payment methods, expiry dates and restrictions.
- Wait for the bonus to be credited. Once you’ve completed everything that’s asked of you, you just have to click Confirm or Claim. All that’s left to do is wait for the payment/bonus code to be cleared. Depending on the payment methods, deposit bonuses might take a couple of minutes to activate. But in most cases, the process is instant. Refresh the page and click on the Bonus Funds tab to ensure everything has been delivered.
- Play smart. And last but not least, make the bonus worthwhile. Just because you might be restricted from placing bets or winning a jackpot doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Don’t make rash decisions and only play games you truly enjoy.
What Kind of Slots Bonuses Are There
At a certain point, casinos realized that a one-size-fits-all approach just doesn’t work anymore. Everyone wants something different, so it only made sense to identify the players’ preferences and create new types of casino bonuses. As a result, the following types of slots promotions became prominent features in the Promotions sections:
Compared to other types of online gambling bonuses, tournaments are by far the newest. Whenever there’s a new game being released, the operator allows players to compete. For every $1 wagered, a certain amount of points is credited. Some US gambling sites even award points for winning bets, but this is becoming a rarity.
After the tournament ends, all the points are added up, and the winner gets the biggest prize. If you’re unable to take home the crown, don’t worry. Points are usually awarded to the top 10, so you’ll be able to extract at least some value out of the promo.
When online casinos are unwilling to give lots of money to new players, free spins are the best kind of slots bonus you can find. Instead of thinking about which game to play and how to use the money, free spins are usually targeted at one specific game or group of games.
They’re either distributed all at once or through smaller batches, handed out daily. You might also see the free spins as a part of another promotion, such as a deposit bonus or when you’re leveling up in the VIP program.
By far the most common bonus for real money slots players. It’s the most popular because there’s almost no risk involved for the casinos. Players will make a deposit regardless of what they do with the money later on. And if you do manage to win, you’ll have to wager the bonus a certain amount of times before making a withdrawal.
There are some sub-types, too. For instance, bigger deposit bonuses are paid out in several instances, allowing players to stay engaged and have a constant stream of available bonus money. If you run into a good VIP program, you might even get a chance to get regular deposit bonuses, along with cashbacks and other perks.
No Deposit Bonuses
A rarity nowadays, the no-deposit bonus is the only way to play slots for real money, but without many any sort of financial commitment beforehand. In most cases, it’s a small amount of chips or free spins that come with hefty wagering requirements. Consider finding a better deal if the site requires you to wager the bonus amount more than 40x.
According to many, this is also the best and most effective way to test the casinos you’re interested in playing at. Try out a couple of games, chat with support and take a look around. That should be enough, at least for starters.
What to Look for in a Slots Bonus
All the best slots bonuses and promotions have a few things in common. If you notice the deal you’re looking to claim has the following characteristics, you’re good to go:
- It comes from a licensed casino. Many regulators have strict rules about what a bonus can and cannot contain. If the site is registered with a reputable licensor, the bonus is most likely legit and doesn’t contain any misleading claims or promises.
- Low wagering requirements. No one’s saying players should get free money, but come on. You shouldn’t be required to risk your whole balance dozens of times over. 30-40x is the maximum you should accept. Anything more than that is highway robbery.
- Fair T&C. The Terms & Conditions mustn’t be convoluted or complicated to understand. Moreover, the document’s content should be respectful towards players, without too many penalties or restrictions imposed.
- Enough time to use the promo. No one likes to rush, so bonuses with a shelf-life of 24-48 hours just won’t cut it. You need at least 5-7 days to enjoy your favorite slots properly.
Slots enthusiasts are the luckiest people in the world, it seems. There are so many bonuses that there’s always something to look forward to, no matter the time of the year. Even better is the fact that there are several different types, all catering to various preferences and playstyles. So if you want freedom more than anything, a cash bonus for playing slots is the way to go. Are you interested in a particular game? No problem, just find some free spins.
For more competitive players, there are tournaments. If you manage to win or wager more than everyone else on the ladder, you’ll be rewarded with cash prizes. They almost always come with no strings attached. Thus, we consider them the easiest way to bypass wagering requirements and other types of restrictions.
Whatever your goal is, always read the Terms & Conditions and look for the best freedom-to-monetary value ratio. The Don Gambler team wishes you good luck.
Q: Can I play slots in demo mode before claiming a bonus?
A: Yes, most online casinos allow players to try slots in demo mode before playing with real money. Practice on the slots you want to spend your bonus on.
Q: Do online casinos offer free spins bonuses for slots?
A: Yes, free spins are perhaps the most common type of slots bonuses. Sometimes, you can get them without even making a deposit, but in most cases, they’re a part of a welcome bonus or are rewarded through VIP programs.
Q: How to claim a bonus for slot games?
A: To claim a slots bonus, you must create an account at the site offering the bonus. Then just read the Terms & Conditions, analyze the quality of the lobby and fulfill the conditions. Most of the time, the process takes no more than a couple of minutes.
Q: Can I bypass the wagering requirements to claim my winnings?
A: Unfortunately, you cannot bypass the wagering requirements of a bonus. If you don’t fulfill them, the winnings will become void after some time. Slots tournaments, however, are known for providing no-strings-attached monetary rewards.
Q: What payment methods are eligible for claiming slots bonuses?
A: Casinos usually accept credit cards, banking gateways and cryptocurrencies for claiming slots bonuses. eWallets such as Skrill or Neteller are sometimes ineligible. This depends on the casinos in question.